Corporate Match Programs
Many employers offer donation matching. We encourage you to check with your HR department or ERG to see if they offer a donation matching program. It's often a quick and simple way to amplify your support and make an even greater impact.
Here are some general instructions to help guide you through the process:
- Check your employer's matching gift policy: Check your employer's website or contact your company's human resources department to find out if they offer a matching gift program and what their policies and procedures are for submitting matching gift requests.
- Make your donation: When you make a gift online to Point of Pride, you’ll receive an email receipt confirming your gift details. Be sure to keep a copy of this info. (If you donate via mailed check or another method, or if you cannot find your receipt, please contact us. We’ll be happy to assist!)
- Complete the matching gift form: Follow your employer’s instructions for submitting a matching gift form. This form is usually available on your company's website or through the human resources department.
- Attach your donation receipt: You will need to include a copy of your donation receipt or confirmation email. This will confirm the basic details your employer needs: the name of the nonprofit organization, the date of the donation, the amount donated, and your name.
- Submit your matching gift request!
- Wait for confirmation: Once your request has been reviewed and approved, you should receive a confirmation of the matching gift amount. Thank you!
Many employers offer volunteer grant programs, in which a company will donate to a charitable cause in recognition of their team members who volunteered their time and talents. Check with your HR department or ERG to see if time spent writing letters to trans folks qualifies for your company's volunteer grant program.
The way this has often worked for the thousands of volunteers who have written letters for Point of Pride over the years is:
- Volunteering! You write letters, either individually or as part of a larger group. (ERGs, companies, teams, and organizations often enjoy getting together to make their cards as a group.)
- Logging hours: You'll follow your employer's instructions for how to log hours.
- Donation: Once your employer has verified your hours, you should receive a confirmation that a donation has been made to Point of Pride thanks to your support.
Some employer matching gift programs require the following details.
Point of Pride
- EIN: 81-2185477
- Incorporated in: Eugene, Oregon
- Year of Incorporation: 2016
- Address: PO Box 10991, Eugene, OR 97440
- A Form W-9 (Click to open/download PDF)
Point of Contact
- Name: Jeff Main
- Title: Executive Director and Co-founder
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (458) 205-5910
Have questions or need additional info? Please contact us!