2019 Annual Trans Surgery Fund: An Infographic of Our Applicants
A special look at who this year’s 1,505 Surgery Fund applicants are…
Point of Pride’s Annual Transgender Surgery Fund is a scholarship-like program that provides direct financial assistance to trans folks who cannot afford their gender-affirming surgery. We accept applications every November from trans folks in need of support. This infographic shares a bit of insight to who our applicants are, in order to illustrate our community’s challenges in getting the health care we so urgently need.
Our applicants came from all walks of life around the world. All ages, all backgrounds, all genders – all different lived experiences. What they all share in common is not being able to complete a gender-affirming surgery because they lack the resources to do so.
Please consider making a donation to help support this program. Every dollar counts and changes the lives of our recipients.
This program would not be possible without the generosity of our donors and sponsors. Special thanks to:
- Dr. Daniel Medalie and Cleveland Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Scott Mosser and the Gender Confirmation Center
- Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel and the Spiegel Center
- Dr. Hope Sherie and the Cosmetic Concierge
- Dr. Sherman Leis and the Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery
- Dr. Charles Garramone and the Garramone Center
- Dr. Paul Steinwald and the Center for Cosmetic Surgery
- Jack Kabza and The Elsevier Foundation
- Clark and the Be Proud! Charity Auction
- each of our donors – every dollar makes a difference!
Support the Surgery Fund
The average donation we receive is just $10! Whether you donate $3 or $300, you’ll transform lives. Donate now
Written by Point of Pride
Point of Pride provides financial aid and direct support to trans folks in need of health and wellness care.