Community Grantmaking Fellowship
Community Grantmaking Fellows (CGFs) are trained volunteers who review applications as part of Point of Pride’s financial aid programs.
Together, CGFs and our Board of Directors carefully evaluate every single application received. CGFs keep our processes fair, equitable, and timely for our applicants and recipients, while providing valuable input along the way.
Why become a CGF?
Members of the trans community have an incredible history of resilience and coming together to create powerful, life-affirming support for one another. The Community Grantmaking Fellow program embodies that history by providing support from and for the community. It’s…
- Virtual: all you need to volunteer is access to the Internet
- Flexible: volunteer whichever days or times best suit your schedule
- Rewarding: when surveyed, 72% of last year’s volunteers described their experience as “extremely rewarding,” and 100% said they would volunteer again because of how meaningful the experience was for them
Requirements to apply
- You identify as transgender (FTM, MTF, non-binary, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, and all other non-cis identities).
- You are at least 21 years old.
- You are fluent in English.
- You do not plan to apply financial assistance for yourself through Point of Pride.
- You have 5 hours or more available to volunteer.
- You are looking for an opportunity to serve our community in a direct and powerful way!
*Folks with a background or interest in education or working with LGBTQ youth – such as teachers, tutors, and community leaders – are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply to become a CGF
Once you click the button below and complete the form, you’ll immediately receive access to the training packet. This document will cover important information about our processes and scoring rubrics. Because applications are rolling, there is no deadline for you to complete the training packet.
Next, you’ll submit an assessment and score sample applications, as well as agree to our confidentiality policies. Once received, our team will contact you within 5 business days regarding next steps!