Free Femme Shapewear
Point of Pride provides free femme shapewear (specially-designed compression underwear/gaffs) to any trans femme person who needs one and cannot afford or safely obtain one.
We have only two requirements in an effort to be as inclusive as possible:
- You identify as transgender (MTF, genderqueer, non-binary, genderfluid, gender non-conforming, and every other non-cis identity assigned male at birth within the trans umbrella.)
- You cannot afford to purchase femme shapewear, or you cannot safely obtain femme shapewear.
We accept all requests for support. Once you complete your application, your request will be added to our waitlist. Shipping is discrete and 100% free, and we ship internationally to 90+ countries and counting.
This program is intended to help trans folks who otherwise can not afford or access a binder. We ask that you consider your access before applying.
- Are you able to pay for a tucking undergarment? (We recommend our sponsor and partner Origami Customs, a trans-owned apparel company that produces high-quality, affordably priced garments.)
How It Works
- Carefully read this page, especially our Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Measure yourself using the guide on this page.
- Submit your request via the Google form at the bottom of this page. Once you submit, you’ll automatically be added to our waiting list.
- Wait until your shapewear is ready. (We know the waiting list is very long, and we are working as hard as we can to meet the demand from our community. Thanks for your patience!)
- You will receive an email from an "@pointofpride.org" account when your garment is ready to be shipped. At that time, you can review how your name should appear on the label, what mailing address we should use, and what size garment you need. You can make updates or changes at this time.
(Because our team will contact you via email, please check your spam folder and the quota limit on your inbox to make sure it hasn’t been filtered or bounced back. You may need to search for email accounts that end in “@pointofpride.org” or update your settings to allow emails from “@pointofpride.org” accounts. Please note that in most instances of applicants missing status updates, the result is due to spam filters. To help us focus on supporting our community, we strongly encourage checking your account for any missed messages before reaching out. From all of us at Point of Pride, we are deeply appreciative of your patience and understanding.)
- We mail out your package! You will receive two emails: one from us with the subject “Your Package Has Shipped!” and one from “No-Reply@stamps.com” with your tracking number. You can enter the tracking number via USPS and set up text or email alerts for your package. (Tracking numbers can take up to 24 hours to fully activate and the USPS site may list the package as “pre-shipment” until it activates.)
How to Measure Yourself
Before you request a pair, you’ll need to know your size.
Grab a measuring tape and place it around your hip where the waistband on the underwear will sit. (For additional sizing and product details, view Origami Custom’s fit guide.)
|Size||Hip Where Waistband Sits|
"What kind of garment will I receive?"
"What does packaging look like?"
Packaging for our mailed garments is extremely discrete. Your items will be shipped in a plain white mailing envelope. The sender’s name is “Point of Pride.” Nothing with the words “LGBT” or “trans” appear on the packaging.
The package is flexible and will fit inside of most PO Boxes. For street address deliveries, it is usually left inside the mailbox (or on the porch/inside the door in the rare event that the mailbox is too small). Signature is not required.
If international, the customs form will list the contents as “underwear” and will have the item marked as a gift, but you’ll still want to check with your country’s customs office for how the customs process may affect you. Many of the provided tracking numbers stop working once the package leaves the US, so you may want to check with your local postal service to determine the best method for tracking your package once it’s left the US.
The package will contain your garment, an informational card on safer tucking techniques, 1-2 stickers, and a note of support meant to brighten your day (written by other trans people, volunteers, and community members.)
"How do I wash or care for my garment?"
"Can I have my shapewear shipped to a trusted friend or relative?"
"Can I have my shapewear shipped to a post office?"
"I've submitted my request. Can I edit it?"
"I have a medical condition. Is it safe for me to use a tucking undergarment?"
"I don't need a garment anymore. How can I cancel my request?"
"Is there an age requirement?"
"Is shipping free?"
"Do you ship internationally?"
We are currently processing requests submitted 4-8 weeks ago. View our Program Status Dashboard
Although we mail out about 100 garments every month, we receive 10 new requests every single day. We know our waiting times are extraordinarily long, and we are working as hard as we can to meet the demand. Thank you for your patience!
Wearing this undergarment can help to reduce dysphoria and help you be more comfortable. The most important thing is that you do it safely.
This asterisk (*) is used to acknowledge the many different words that are used for this body part.
You can begin by tucking the testes.* The testes* will slip back up into the inguinal canals: use two or three fingers to guide them up to their corresponding canal. Don’t rush and listen to your body. If there’s any pain or discomfort at all – stop, take a short break, and try again.
Next, the penis* can be pulled back between your legs. Don’t force or pull hard. Everything can be held in place with these panties, and the fit should be snug but not overly uncomfortable.
Where we tuck tends to be a place where we sweat a lot. You want to keep skin cool and dry. Take a break when you’re alone or wear loose clothing when it’s not as important to be tucked. To avoid chafing or prevent a skin infection, always check for any open or irritated skin before and after tucking.
Tucking & Fertility
Tucking may affect your fertility. For trans folks who may want to have biological children someday, it’s recommended you tuck sparingly or (if you’re able to afford it) consider banking sperm.