Youth Internship Program: Now Accepting Applications
Point of Pride would like to officially announce the launch of our brand-new Youth Internship Program!
Our team is looking for a diverse set of young individuals with the necessary skills and dedication to make a major impact within the trans community. Our inaugural class will consist of 10 interns across the US who will be selected for an internship with Point of Pride. This program is meant to empower youth aged 14-18, although anyone under the age of 24 is welcome to apply.
This program aims to increase reach and awareness about Point of Pride’s services while also empowering LGBTQ youth to become leaders for our community. This is a great volunteer opportunity for anyone looking to develop their skills in a variety of project areas: fundraising, local community engagement, reaching out to press, and developing blog articles and other resources. It’s also a great opportunity to work with a growing grassroots non-profit and meet LGBTQ leaders and allies.
- Some interns may have the opportunity to reach out to publications, particularly local LGBTQ media, to speak about trans healthcare, Point of Pride, etc.
- Other interns who are interested in writing or blogging may have the opportunity to research and produce resources for trans folks in need of support.
- All interns will be expected to conduct 1-2 local fundraisers during their time with us, except those with a specific focus on fundraising who may be expected to conduct additional events.
- Interns will work closely with the two supervisors of the program: Emily Kaufman, one of Point of Pride’s Board of Directors, and Drew Adams, our volunteer Youth Intern Coordinator.
- The time commitment is approximately 2 hours per week, including check-in communication and group conference calls. The internship is a one-year program that will run from July 15, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
Applications may be submitted online by June 30 at 11:59pm EST.
EDIT: Applications are now closed. Stay tuned for more information about future volunteer and internship opportunities.
Written by Point of Pride
Point of Pride provides financial aid and direct support to trans folks in need of health and wellness care.